Job ID : OPM-1013
|Other Benefits||Medical, Dental|
Our client, a logistic giant specialising in warehousing and cold storage solutions, is expanding rapidly and in need of experienced professionals to manage the logistics and operations effectively.
Experienced Warehouse Supervisor with proven leadership - able to multitask, solve problems and leads by example – managing all aspects of warehousing and logistics operation including shipping, receiving, loading, unloading, order picking, warehousing and distribution.
- Manage daily activities of the warehouse to ensure orders are accurately prepared and shipped
- Schedule and plan daily work schedules of warehouse staff, local delivery routes, oversee shipping/receiving to ensure maximum productivity
- Supervise the forklift operators and shunt drivers for loading, unloading and movement of products within the warehouse
- Ensure adherence to best industry practices on health and safety standards and warehouse cleanliness to maintain safe work environment
- Investigate, verify and resolve any customer or shipping complaints
- Manage inventory count and maintain minimum required levels
- Ensure effective and optimum utilization of warehouse staff, space and equipment
- Ensure compliance with the safety standards set forth by the company and governmental regulatory bodies
- Train, develop and evaluate warehouse staff to attain high levels of safety, productivity, service, and accuracy.
- Assist in the hiring process of warehouse personnel including on-boarding and training
- Provide support to the Site Manager which includes ensuring required documentation is updated and complete, equipment maintenance and manage vendors and suppliers, if required
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a Warehouse environment in a leadership position
- Post secondary education is a PLUS
- Valid forklift license is highly recommended
- Effective communication skills with proficiency in written and verbal English
- Ability to work under ambient, cold and freezing (-24 Deg C) temperature
- Ability to operate forklift and shunt safely and effectively, if required
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Exceptional planning, organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to lead and work within a team environment
- Candidates with excellent track record in their past jobs will be highly preferred
- Ability to lift upto 50 lbs with proper technique
- Criminal check and drug test will be conducted before finalization of employment.